Friday, May 22, 2009

Sharing my favorites!!

Hello everyone! I know it's been a few days since I posted, but I've been so busy. Between Jeff's nephew's t-ball games, exercising and work it's been hard to find time to post. Since everyone already knows I'm hard core into this diet and exercise regimen of mine, I thought I'd take some time to tell you some of my favorite foods and drinks that I have been eating/drinking!!

Before this diet, I said I would NEVER drink diet colas...ever. I'd drink water and that was it. I'd do without my carbonated goodness. Well, thankfully I broke down and tried one and now I can't even stand regular Dr. Pepper...WHAT??! Yes, it's true. I took a drink of Jeff's and the result was my "ewww face". Now that I have opened myself up to trying new drinks, here is a list of the one's I absolutely love! (No particular order)

  • Vanilla Coke Zero-Yum yum yum!! Just enough vanilla, but not too much. Not a strong diet taste at all. It's so smooth, so fizzy, sooooo goood!
  • Pepsi Max-WOW! This stuff is good!! It has Ginseng added to it to give you extra energy. Thanks to a girl at the courthouse where I live, I am obsessed with it! She gave me one to try the other day and now I'm hooked.
  • Sprite Zero-Really, seriously...it tastes sooo close to regular you'll never know the difference.
  • Pepsi One-Okay, so it has ONE measly calorie. It's sweetened with Splenda and it may just be my new favorite...above Vanilla Coke Zero.
  • Coke Zero-has a great taste! Much better than regular diet coke which I think is horrid.
I know if you're like I used to be, you'd never touch any of these but you have to trust me...try them! You may just like them.

Okay...now on to snacks!! Here's my lineup of the best ones, ever! LOL:
  • South Beach Diet Fiber Fit Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies. They have 20% of the daily amount of fiber you should have and are only 100 calories a pack. These are so good. They're a little hard finding them in the store...I guess people are figuring out how good they are.
  • 100 Calorie Pack Baked Cheetos. Mmmm...just like the crunchy ones I love but with way less fat or grease. They are soooo good!
  • Orville Redenbacher's Smart Pop 100 calorie packs. OMG...these are so good. My favorite night snack. You fill satisfied, but not stuffed. After it's popped there are 61/2 cups of popcorn in the little bag. And here's something you may have not known, popcorn is a whole grain. I was really surprised to find that out. Smart pop comes in light butter and also Kettle Corn. Both versions are great and I really am not even a fan of kettle corn.
  • Kellogg's Fiber Plus with Antioxidants Chewy Bars (chocolate chip)...these are so good. They have a layer of chocolate on the bottom and are so chewy. There's even chocolate drizzled on the top...seems almost like a candy bar. I can't live without these!
  • Weight watchers ice cream sandwiches...WOW! That's all I can say. Only 120 calories.
Best Breakfast food/Cereals...[[I am a Special K freak!!]]
  • Special K Vanilla Almond...um....wow. I don't really even like vanilla and I love this (and vanilla coke, weird). This is hands down the best cereal by Special K. 3/4 C. serving=100 calories.
  • Eggo Nutra Grain Blueberry Waffles. So good they don't even need sryup. I eat them plain, which is an added bonus because syrup is going to tack on extra calories that you don't need. I always pair these with a serving ofSpecial K...every morning!
  • Special K Blueberry-If you like blueberry cereal, you'll love this! It's really really good!!
TV Dinners:
  • Smart Ones by Weight Watchers Three-Cheese Zita Marinara...everyone that knows me knows I have a love for italian food. This meal allows me to still have pasta! It's so cheesy and great!
  • Lean Cuisine Canelloni-Again, another great pasta dish. It's very similar to manicotti. Actually I think it's the same thing.
  • Lean Cuisine Cheddar Potatoes with Broccoli-I love potatoes, I love broccoli...how could I ask for more? The cheese sauce is great.
  • Lean Cuisine Three-Cheese Chicken with Broccoli-only 210 calories and there's enough cheese sauce on the chicken to put on the broccoli...yum!!
  • Weight Watchers Chicken Parmesan-the chicken is great and it's really filling!
Okay, hopefully I have shed some light on some great food for your diet. If you've tried some good TV dinners, snacks, etc. let me know! My diet and exercise is working...I've lost 11 pounds so far!! Woohoo!!

3 comments:

  1. MY FAVORITE Smart Ones in the Three Cheese Ziti!! It's amazing...so I'm with ya on that one, girlie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You haven't posted in a while (except for the one other post which you deleted). Is everything OK?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are like my personal chef...I LOVE IT!! You can taste all this stuff and tell me (well, everyone else too) what is good. :)

    ReplyDelete