Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday...at last!

So how are my lovely blog readers today? Hopefully you all have great plans for the weekend ahead, whether it be sleeping in, shopping or whatever. I know I'm due for two days off for sure. This week has been so crazy at the office--thus, why I have not posted.

So, a little update on the diet. I've been staying right around 1200 calories per day, which is great for me! I can't believe I'm doing so good. I haven't done the 30 Day Shred in two days, but I have been making up for it on the Wii Fit. I really think I get just as good of a workout as I do with anything else. The hula hooping definitely feels as if it's working my abs more than the 30 Day Shred. I purchased Cardio Max the other day with the Biggest Loser cast and also Weight Loss Yoga. Has anyone bought these or tried them? I'm stoked about the weight loss yoga! I've always thought of Yoga to really be for the mind and for flexibilty, so I'm thrilled that this one is geared torward Weight Loss.

It is high time that I kicked my butt in gear--for those of you that don't know, I suffer from Generalized Anxiety Disorder and have been on medication for it for several years. The medication works great for me, my quality of life improved so much...but, with any medication, there was a risk of weight gain. So...lucky me, I gained a few pounds. I soo wish I were back in the 120 lb. range like I was high school. That is my goal, and I know I can acheive it but I also know that the road will be a rough one. This past week I have said no to brownies and cookies from a really yummy bakery in the Spa city. It was the hardest thing I've done. I've also gave up my beloved Dr. Peppers and actually tried Coke Zero...much to my surprise, it wasn't that bad at all. So...I've been drinking that now because water just gets boring, you know?

Last night, I almost messed up. Jeff and I went to Chick-fil-a for dinner. Yikes...I was sooo tempted to get my usual Deluxe and waffle fries...omg...Well, I opted for a healthier option-the Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich with a fresh fruit cup! Yay for me! I was totally surprised when Jeff said, I'll just get what your having! Yay! We both need to start being healthier, especially if a family is in our future...gotta keep up with kiddos! Speaking of kiddos, we were sitting there eating and there were about three lil hoodlums were running around the palce and I was like..."makes me have second thoughts about kids..." and Jeff was like..."(sigh)...yeah"! Ha ha!! We first said that we weren't ever going to have any and then one day he was like, "you know, I may like to have a kid with you one day!" LOL...but he is still just thinking on it! Who knows if we ever will? Only God knows and I guess we'll just leave it in his hands, that is, after we're married!

I'm pretty excited about tomorrow. I'm going shopping with my mom! I'm sure will have fun, argue a little (she always tries the same shirt on multiple times, like it's gonna fit different if she tries it on five times??), and blow some money! Ha ha...well she doesn't blow hers, I do mine! Hopefully we'll find some cutie patooti stuff to buy!

Hope you all have a good weekend! I'm sure planning on it!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, you are my hero! You didn't splurge at Chick-fil-a?! The thought of waffle fries is making my mouth gain 20% salvia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your diet! I actually own Cardio Max and girl, I LOVE IT!! It gives me SUCH a hard workout!! I've tried the yoga but I didn't like it all that much...I totally recommend Cardio Max though! Jillian will kick your butt, I know she does mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She does mine too, Kasey. She's a meanie! LOL

    Krystal, It was VERY hard. I did eat 3 of Jeff's fries at Chili's last night after I ate my steamed vegetables and a little of my Grilled Margarita Chicken.

    ReplyDelete