Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Healthy snack share and more!

Happy Tuesday everyone...lol. Three more days until the weekend! Yay! I wanted to update everyone on my exercising. My legs are still killing me from that dang Jillian Michaels (I now know I should have listened to you, Ace)...(for Kasey's question, I still haven't tried Cardio Max due to my knees and all but I will try soon).Well...It really got me upset that I missed about 3 days of exercising so you know what I did? I got my happy butt on the exercise bike at home and rode for 25 mins straight and THEN I went in and turned the TV on the XM Dance music channel and did some cardio of my own--Tara style! I did some boxing because it is great cardio for someone with lower-body injuries (such as mine) or so Jillian says. I have to say, it did elevate my heart rate. Then...I added some hand weights. I did that for another 25 mins, so I worked out for a total of 50 mins yesterday despite my leg pain. No leg pain is gonna get me down, darn it! LOL! I was so proud of myself that I rewarded myself with a piece of fresh pineapple. If you haven't had pineapple that is fresh and only the kind that is in the can you are definitely missing out! After working out I took a really hot bath with some muscle ache oil in the water...it helped a little and then slathered myself down with Icy Hot! LOL!!

I gotta share some of my newest, healthy snacks with everyone.
100 calories of pure goodness...Newton's Fruit Crisps. I don't like Fig Newton's at all and I love these. They come in Apple Cinnamon and Mixed Berry. I have had the Apple Cinnamon ones and I heated mine up for about 20 seconds...tastes like Apple Pie, no kidding! The crust is crispy and in the middle is fruit-filled goodness...I can't believe they're only 100 calories! And...there are two in a pack! Can this be true? Surely they are lying about the calories in these?!



OMG!! These things are sooo yummy! They're popcorn clusters with caramel, chocolate cookie bits and pecans. I feel so bad when I eat these cause they're so good! I feel like I'm going back on my diet, but no fear...only 120 calories! You can find these at Wal-Mart.

Now, I don't always eat stuff like this, only when I want something sweet. I try to include a lot of protein in my diet now so I feel fuller, longer. I like to munch on almonds alot and I eat a lot of veggies and fruit.

As for Dr. Peppers, I have quit them...but thanks to Coke Zero I can still have my carbonated goodness. If you hate diet drinks, you have to try Coke Zero...it's seriously the best diet cola I have ever tried. I always said I would never drink diet drinks but I actually crave this stuff!

So, could you all recommend me some healthy snacks you eat and what about diet drinks? Am I missing out on some good ones that I have been too scared to try!? Let me know!


3 comments:

  1. Girl, Coke Zero is AMAZING. I'm a Diet Coke fan myself, but I really love Coke Zero. :) I really wanna try those Newton's Fruit Crisps! They look great!! And I've been eyeing the Smart Food stuff for a while!

    As far as good snacks, I usually just stick with anything that's 100 calories. I'm in LOVE with Jello's 60 calorie pudding and I have some chocolate covered pretzel 100 calorie packs too!!

    That's awesome about your exercise yesterday! I bet that was more fun too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I told you! And don't expect Cardio Max to be any easier. I don't think I made it through that one once! But I'll blame it on a sore body at the time.
    Dr. Pepper is the best thing in the world, but I also try to only get coke zero. Cherry coke zero actually. So good. But nothing is as good as Dr. Pepper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ace, you are soo right! Dr. Pepper is the best! I'll have to try cherry Coke Zero now. Where do you get it? I've been having trouble finding Coke Zero at Wal-mart!

    ReplyDelete